Tibet overland tour
Tibet overland tour is one of the popular tour in Tibet. Tibet overland package tour is known as Tibet budget tour to explore the Tibet Potala palace, Jhokang temple, the Tibetian cave and panoramic views of Mount Everest 8848m. Tibet overland tours has been opened in 1985 for the tourist. Tibet overland tour package is equally fascinating is the wealth of cultural interest and Tibet visitors will have plenty of opportunity to explore this side of Tibet, both in Lhasa and the other towns they pass through on their journey. Overland tour in Tibet take travelers heart of the Tibet. we have generate Tibet overland tour itinerary for 6 night 7 days but trip can extend to the Tibet Everest base camp tour or join for package tour in Tibet. Tibet overland tour cost is slightly budget trip and able to make group join basis tour from May, June , July , August and middle of the September.
Tibet overland tour package is really exciting journeys of lifetime and visit main attraction of Tibet. Normally monsoon season is best time for Kathmandu Tibet overland tour but we HJT team arrange around the year as per trekkers wish and holiday frame. The Tibet overland tour distance covered is approximately 1000 km on four-wheel drive vehicles or a coach. Kathmandu Lhasa overland tour doable group join basis or private trip as per travelers desire. Tibet overland tour doable both way by overland or drive in fly out also possible. If travelers want to exit from Lhasa also poosible as it has connection flight to Gonzau , Hongkong etc.
Tibet overland tours commence from Kathmandu, following with Friendship Highway through some of the most amazing landscape on Earth to Tibet border with in 5-6 hours drive and from Kerung Rasuwa. Early in the morning Himalaya journey Treks & expedition’s representative will pick up from hotel and drop the Tibet border for Tibet overland trip. HJT representative will introduce with Tibetan guide after immigration formalities in Kodari /Tibet border. After immigration formalities at Tibet border ,Tibetan guide will inform you all about the Tibet historical places such as Zhangmu, Nyalam, Tingri, Xeger, Xigatse, Gyantse and to Lhasa. Finally ,Tibetan tour guide will make interesting sightseeing around Lhasa including the Potala palace, Norbulinkha palaces, the great Drepung Monastery, Jokhang Temple, and walk amongst the crowded Tibetan market - the bustling Barkor Bazaar and eventually HJT representative will drop to you Gogar airport near by Lhasa for onward destination either back to Kathmandu or other internationals flight destination.
Tibet overland tour itinerary:
Day 01 Kathmandu-Rashuwa Gadi / Kerung (29070M)-150 KM
Departure at 05:30 AM , Kathmandu to Rasuwa gadi Approx. 05 hours drive to Rashugadi (China/Nepal boarder), Half an hour drive to Kerung, where after completion of immigration formalities.. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 02 Kerung- Tingri / Lhatse (4050M)-285 KMS,
Drive through the pass with the view of Jugal Himal. A continued drive via Lalungla Pass (5050m ) has some of the outstanding view of Mt. Xixapangma (8013m highest in Tibet) Mt. Makalu (8464m), Mt. Lhotse (8516m), Mt. Cho Oyu (8201m) and Mt.Everest (8848m). Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 03 Lhatse-Shigatse/Xingatse (3900M)-183 KMS,
A four hour drive brings us to Tibet's second largest city, Shigatse. Here we visit Tashilumpo Monastery, the seat of the Panchen Lama, hence one of the most important monasteries in Tibet. Altitude 3800m.
Day 04 Shigatse/Xigatse -Gyantse (3950M)-90KMS,
After a stroll though the old city we depart for the two and a half hour drive to Gyantse. While approaching the small farming town we can clearly see the old fort that was captured by Young husband during his 1904 raid into Tibet. Here the main attraction is the Kumbum monastery with its extraordinary architecture. Altitude 3900 m.
Day 05 Gyantse -Lhasa (3650M)-261 KMS,
This will be a long drive, but on the way we cross the Karo-la with the beautiful glacier, we see Yamdrok Tso which is named the Turquoise lake and cross the Kamba-la from where we descend to the main road which bring us all the way to Lhasa. Altitude 3650 m.
Day 06/07 Sightseeing around Lhasa
During these two days in Lhasa. we visit the Potala palace, Drepung and Sera Monasteries and of course the famous Jokhang temple including the surrounding Barkhor.
Day 08 Flight from Lhasa to onward journey
we have to get up very early for our transfer to Gonggor airport to catch the flight back to Kathmandu or other destination
Tibet overland tour Cost:
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder tour Guide.
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private car as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Tibet border overland transportation by private jeep as mentioned in itinerary
- hotel accomodation entire the Tibet overland tour on BB basis( tourist standard category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Tibet Lhasa sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Tibet Lhasa tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- sightseeing entrance for Tibet Lhasa tour
- Tibet travel permit as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport pick up while Lhasa to Kathmandu flight
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Tour guide, and driver)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Kathmandu intetrtnational Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu & Lhasa stay
- International flight ticket & Kathmandu Lhasa Kathmandu flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Tibet overland tour is one of the popular tours in Tibet. Tibet overland tour is known as Tibet budget tour which is more interesting, crossing the high desert, driving through over 3000-5000 meters , visiting the cave , monasteries including the potala palace and clear view of Mt. Everest is visible from a distance make Tibet overland tour is lifetime experience in Tibet.