Gokyo lake trekking
Gokyo lake trekking is one of the most famous treks in Everest region. Nepal Gokyo lake trek is known as a Gokyo Ri trekking explore the splendid Himalayan vistas of Everest trekking trails and beautiful Gokyo valley. Gokyo lake hiking offer best mountains views of 4 above 8000m mountains including top of the world Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201 m and 22 snowy capped mountains of Everest Himalayan range. Gokyo lake trek difficulty level is moderate but good physical fitness is essential. Trekking in Gokyo lake discover the largest Ngozumpa glaciers and beautiful Sherpa village .The main attraction of the Gokyo lake trek is five Gokyo lakes surrounding by high mountains of Everest region trekking.Gokyo valley trek distance 97 kilometers from Lukla doable around the year. Gokyo lake hiking take trekkers core part of the Khumbu trekking route with amazing experience in Nepal Himalayas.
Gokyo trekking is less crowded trekking destination comparing the Everest base camp trek route .Nepal Gokyo Ri trek offer beautiful Sherpa valley, Nepal longest Himalayan glaciers & nomad valley. Gokyo Lake is one of the beautiful lake in the Everest trekking destination located at 4750 m and Gokyo Ri 5360 m is the highest point of this trekking. Best time Trekking in Gokyo valley is spring and Autumn season but we Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition arrange Gokyo treks with the customized trip as per trekkers wish and holiday schedule with lifetime Adventure in Nepal Himalaya. Everest Gokyo lake trekking required a minimum of two weeks holidays in Nepal. Gokyo lake trek cost is depend on group size but HJT team arrange trip cost in best value of your money. Everest Gokyo lake trekking map has details trekking routes information and easy to treks in Gokyo with route map. Himalaya Journey Trekking create Gokyo lake trek itinerary as below mentioned but trekkers may change or extend trip plan as per time frame.
Gokyo valley trekking commences at Lukla, after a 35-minute mountain flight from Kathmandu. While landed at Lukla Hillary airport, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s professional trekking guide led Nepal Gokyo valley trekking through the Sherpa village Chaurikharka Phakding Namche bazaar Dole Machhermo Gokyo Tengboche and finally end at Lukla. Lukla Gokyo lake trek hiking through the Sagarmatha National park. Treks in Gokyo lake do not require previous trekking experience. Gokyo valley trekking has various options for additional exploration and high-altitude hiking, including the crossing of Cho La, a 5420m-high pass into Khumbu / Everest base camp trek trails .Suggested all travelers trek through government registered local Nepal trekking agency recomended by Lonely planet Nepal travel guide book for the secured journeys in Himalaya.
Gokyo lake trekking Major Highlights
* The main attraction of Gokyo lake trek is five Gokyo lakes surrounding by high mountains of Nepal
* Explore the of the beaten path trekking destination compare the Everest base camp trekking route and tranquility of Gokyo valley
* You will have breathtaking mountains vistas of 4 above 8000m mountains from Gokyo Ri 5360m
* Gokyo lake Hiking through largest Ngozumpa glaciers and beautiful shrepa village
* Discover the beautiful gokyo lake ,Tibetan monasteries and Sherpa culture.
Related trip information about Gokyo lake trekking
How difficult is Trekking in Gokyo lake ?
Treks in Gokyo lake is moderate trekking in Everest. Good Physical is required for the trip. Gokyo Lake trek gradually ascend from low level elevation from Lukla 2830m so trekkers continuation doable this trip without any difficulties.
When is the best time to do the this trek ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do trek in Gokyo lake but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus even though Gokyo lake treks doable with our professional team
Trekking permit required for this trekking ?
Three different trekking permit required for Gokyo lake treks ( Sagarmatha National park permit, TIMS permit and Khumbu rural municipality permit ) then trekkers may treks to Everest trekking trails.
How many hours need to walk each day?
Minimum 5 hours need to walk each day but it is depend on the your speed but HJT team always suggest walk slow but continuation that make sense to reach the destination . Gokyo trekking map has also clear vision one to next destination.
Does Gokyo trekking has a well accommodation facilities ?
Yes gokyo trekking trails has good facilities for tea house / lodge accommodation. Some time trekkers may sleep the dormitory or dining hall due the maximum numbers trekkers encounter in same place. Mostly , HJT Team provide the private rooms in advance booking by telephone or by our sherpa runners .
Do you need trekking guide for this treks ?
Yes, You need to have professional Nepal trekking guide because of explain about the mountains and local culture, no obstacle during the trekking even incase of snowfall in the trekking path, good take care of you if incase of suffer by high altitude sickness.
What about gokyo cost?
Almost cost included in package Gokyo lake trek except the hot beverage, cold beverage, bar bills, telephone calls (trekkers should have to pay by their selves) it means trekkers should have to extra USD 20 – USD 25 per day for all beverage etc.
How to find the best and reliable Nepal trekking companies for Everest Gokyo lake trekking?
It is hard to find the best and reliable Nepal trekking companies for Everest Gokyo Lake trekking if you just surfing via google or internet so trekkers should know Nepal trekking company legal documents, service, reputation, either recommended in international travel guide book such as Lonely planet guide book, Rough guide book etc sometime free-lance trekking guide, operator or illegal Nepal trekking agency also show up their website and sale the trekking it means beware from illegal operation that make your holiday hazards.
Gokyo lake trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel, Gokyo valley trek briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: Katmandu by flight to Lukla (2830m) fly approximately 35 minutes and trek to Phakding (2630m). walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 03: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3480m). walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day.( During the day , you can hike to Thame for beautiful Himalayan views, wild animals and Tibetan Monastery or hike to Everest view hotel for superb views of Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m) ,island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) 5761m etc , overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar trek to Dole (4000m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Dole trek to Machhermo(4400m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 07: Machhermo trek to Gokyo Lake (4750m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 08: Gokyo lake early in the morning, Himalaya Journey Trekking guide will take to you Gokyo Ri/Gokyo peak (5545m) for superb Himalayan views including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m,Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m,Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m etc ,back to Gokyo lake ,after lunch continue to Na(4850m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 09: Na trek to Phortse village ( 3865m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 10: Phortse vilage trek to Pangboche (4123m) walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 11: Pangboche trek to Tyangboche (3890m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 12: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazaar walk approximately 5-6hours
Day 13: Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 14: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight . Lukla Kathmandu flight approximately 35 minutes
Day 15: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel .
Day 16: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or as you have time will arrange another package trip accordingly.
Gokyo lake trekking cost:
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 280)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- khumbu pasang lamu rural municipality entry permit as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu domestic airport pickup and transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Gokyo lake trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Gokyo lake trekking is one of the most famous treks in Everest region. Nepal Gokyo lake trek is known as a Gokyo Ri trekking explore the splendid Himalayan vistas of Everest trekking trails and beautiful Gokyo valley. Gokyo lake hiking offer best mountains views of 4 above 8000m mountains including top of the world Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201 and 22 snowy capped mountains of Everest Himalayan range. Gokyo lake trek difficulty level is moderate but good physical fitness is essential. Trekking in Gokyo lake discover the largest Ngozumpa glaciers and beautiful Sherpa village .The main attraction of the Gokyo lake trek is five Gokyo lakes surrounding by high mountains of Everest region trekking. Gokyo lake trek distance 97 kilometers from Lukla doable around the year. Gokyo lake hiking take trekkers core part of the Khumbu trekking route with amazing experience in Nepal Himalayas.